Sunday, November 23, 2008

Vatican Cardinal: "A New World Order is Gaining Ground."

"As soon as men have, all of them, denied God, man will be lifted up with a spirit of divine Titanic pride and the man-God will appear." - Ivan Karamazov in Fyodor Dostoyevsky's "The Brothers Karamazov."

"It does not take a gift of prophecy to see that humanity is presently polarizing and that all men are beginning to fall into the ranks of accepting either the man-god or the God-Man...Dostoyevsky...knew that atheism had to be associated with the destruction of the old society. There was some suggestion that an overplanned or socialistic society had to be the prelude of an atheistic society...

For the man-god to grow in age and wisdom, two conditions must be fulfilled. The heavens must be emptied, and man must be secularized. Both will be achieved by turning freedom into license. Men will be asked to give up God because His Commandments 'enslave' and because our will often runs counter to His. When finally everyone has his own will and does whatever he pleases, then there will be a chaos due to the conflict of egotisms. It will then be necessary for Big Brother, or the state, to organize this chaos into a closed socialist society and the formulas given by the character, Shigalev, the theorist of the Communism to come: 'Having set out from unlimited freedom, I have ended up with unlimited despotism.'" (Archbishop Fulton John Sheen).

Related reading here.

6 comments:

Frank said...

Episcopal "bishop" Gene Robinson is trying to infiltrate the Catholic Church in New Hampshire? Further proof that we live in a demonic society which is preparing for Antichrist. What is Bishop McCormack doing about this - if anything? He should get to the bottom of this by making an earnest effort to find out which of his priests attended a sodomite retreat. This is scandalous to the point of being satanic.

Alzina said...

Frank, there has been a homosexual abuse crisis in New Hampshire for some time. Remember this item:

Priest Settles Case; Said Diocese Covered up Dead Priest's Pornography

By Katharine Webster
Associated Press, carried in Foster's Daily Democrat [New Hampshire]
Downloaded May 14, 2003

The Rev. James A. MacCormack sued the Diocese of Manchester, McCormack and other church officials last July, saying they smeared his reputation and derailed his career to avoid a scandal.

Church officials responded by accusing MacCormack of exploiting the death of a fellow priest for financial gain.

The settlement was confidential, but MacCormack's lawyer, Robert McDaniel, described the financial award as satisfactory to both sides.

Patrick McGee, spokesman for the diocese, said that as part of the agreement, MacCormack had asked for a formal leave of absence from the priesthood and it had been granted.

"He will not participate in any priestly ministry or present himself publicly as a priest. Both parties are pleased that his matter is resolved," McGee said.

Asked whether the settlement required church officials to refrain from comments affecting MacCormack's reputation, McGee said, "We're not saying anything negative about Father MacCormack at this point."

MacCormack is working as a counselor in a public school now and does not plan to return to the priesthood, McDaniel said. However, he intends to remain active in the church reform movement, McDaniel said.

According to MacCormack's lawsuit, he helped authorities identify the body of the Rev. Richard Connors, who died on Nov. 14, 1999, at the home of two men.

The men said Connors had come to the house to buy a dog. However, according to the lawsuit and police records, Connors was clothed partially when he died and had a black leather device tied around his genitals.

Connors had been a mentor to MacCormack, who entered the priesthood in 1997, and was carrying his friend's business card when he died, so MacCormack was summoned to identify the corpse.

Later, MacCormack went to Connors' rectory, where he was joined by the Rev. Donald Clinton, a friend of the dead priest, and the Rev. John Quinn, head of financial affairs for the diocese, according to the lawsuit.

Quinn allegedly told the priests to help him scour Connors' residence for anything embarrassing. The lawsuit says the clergymen found hundreds of pornographic videotapes, as well as many pornographic images depicting "men engaged in sexual activity with boys."

The material was loaded into a car and later destroyed, according to a police report.

Diocesan officials said Connors was living an "immoral life" and that homosexual pornography was found, but they denied it involved boys. However, they acknowledged that it was dumped in a parish trash bin before police could see it.

In February 2002, when the priest sexual abuse scandal began rocking the diocese, church officials began to regard MacCormack as a threat and the bishop accused him of being mentally unstable, McDaniel said.

MacCormack underwent a psychological evaluation in April 2002 and was found to be mentally sound. But he said he left his parish a month later after the bishop became angry that he was quoted in a newspaper criticizing the church's handling of the sex abuse crisis.

Church officials say he left of his own free will and had not had an assignment since then.

Paul wrote about the homosexual nature of the abuse crisis in The Keene Sentinel several years back and was criticized by some in the Monadnock region.

Marie Tremblay said...

One of those who criticized Paul was "Brother" Andre Marie of the Saint Benedict Center in New Hampshire. Paul had written a letter to the Editor of The Keene Sentinel which was somewhat critical of the Priestly Fraternity of Saint Peter (FSSP). And "Brother" Andre Marie took exception to this.

However, as we read in the following article, the Priestly Fraternity has had its problems:

Mark Guydish
Earlier accuser part of abuse suit
Wed Jan 14 17:24:12 2004
64.140.158.138

Earlier accuser part of abuse suit
In a deposition, former Minn. seminary student alleges misconduct by area priest.
By MARK GUYDISH
markg@leader.net
EXCLUSIVE - http://www.timesleader.com/mld/timesleader/news/7695510.htm

SCRANTON - Explicit testimony of alleged sexual misconduct by an area priest - including sleeping with young men and fondling genitalia - has surfaced in paperwork in federal court.

In a pre-trial deposition, a young man said he was sleeping near the priest and awoke to find the priest fondling his genital area. He said a second priest later tried to explain it away as a medical diagnostic technique.

The man also said under oath that at one point, when he told the first priest he was constipated, the priest suggested using a suppository - while the priest watched. The young man declined.

The events described in the deposition happened in a Minnesota seminary at an unspecified date shortly before 1997, but the attorney who took the depositions contends the testimony shows the priest had lied in earlier depositions and that he has a long pattern of molesting young men.

All of these details have surfaced as part of a federal lawsuit in the U.S. Middle District Court. A "John Doe" and his parents - also unidentified in the suit - contend the boy was the victim of sexual misconduct by the Rev. Carlos Urrutigoity while both were at St. Gregory's Academy, an all-boys school in Elmhurst, Lackawanna County.

Urrutigoity, originally from South America, had been in the Minnesota seminary before deciding to create the Society of St. John. The society was formed in the Diocese of Scranton in 1997 when then-Bishop James Timlin allowed the priests to live in St. Gregory's Academy. In 1999 the Society bought land in Shohola and moved there.

To bolster John Doe's case, his attorney - James Bendell - wants to include several depositions as evidence in the upcoming trial. Defense lawyers are fighting that move. A Jan. 27 hearing is set on the issue.

In making his case that the depositions are critical to a fair trial, Bendell took the unusual move of filing paperwork that included excerpts from the depositions.

In the testimony from the former Minnesota seminary student, he says he woke to find "(Urrutigoity's) hand was on my private area."

The seminarian later discussed the incident with the Rev. Eric Ensey, who is also named in the John Doe lawsuit. According to the seminarian's deposition, Ensey "said (Urrutigoity) could do this, you feel this guy, whatever, and you can tell that there was something being bothered."

Ensey later discussed the possibility that the former student would be forced by subpoena to testify about the events, and said, "You can leave the country." When the young man refused that idea, Ensey allegedly made a veiled threat regarding his lawyer.

"(Ensey) says, and this is what struck up red flags, 'He's a good guy. He's got strong ties to the Mafia,' " the young man testified.

The priests' attorney, Sal Cognetti Jr. of Scranton, dismissed that allegation Monday. "We're not going to comment on that stuff. I find that humorous." He added that both Ensey and Urrutigoity "emphatically" deny all charges.

The Minnesota man was in Pittsburgh when he gave the deposition by phone. Cognetti objected to the phone deposition, and said he did not participate in it.

After that, Bendell arranged video-conference depositions for several other witnesses. Cognetti objected to them as well, but his firm participated.

Excerpts from two of those video depositions were made public Jan. 5 when Bendell included them in court paperwork. Both come from young men who were students at St. Gregory's when Urrutigoity was there. One man testified that he slept in the same bed with Urrutigoity, along with another person.

The other man testified that he saw a student in Urrutigoity's bed late one night, though Urrutigoity wasn't there at the time.

Cognetti said those excerpts were taken "out of context," and that the two men are "very supportive" of the society. "Hopefully they will be witnesses at the trial."

Transcripts of pre-trial depositions themselves are not typically filed as part of the public record. Bendell said he included excerpts in his Jan. 5 filing to prove the importance of the depositions. Cognetti contends it was done to get some of the testimony into the public record before a judge could decide on whether it belongs there. "It makes for a big story," Cognetti said.

The John Doe suit also names Timlin, the Diocese of Scranton, St. Gregory's Academy and the Fraternity of St. Peter, which runs the academy.

The suit alleges sexual misconduct by Urrutigoity, who headed the Society of St. John until relieved of duty by Timlin after the allegations, and Ensey, who was also relieved of duty.

Mark Guydish, a Times Leader staff writer, may be reached at 829-7161.
http://www.timesleader.com/mld/timesleader/news/7695510.htm

And when the Diocese of Manchester formed a task force to "examine the reasons behind the priest shortage," Paul wrote in The Keene Sentinel, "..a task force isn't needed to uncover what almost every serious Catholic already knows. Namely, that most seminaries are empty because vice has penetrated them, and those seminarians who refuse to accept or condone vice are excluded. True vocations are persecuted and, in most cases, rooted out and disqualified." "Brother Andre Marie has also criticized Paul for saying this. I have a copy of the page from the SBC website where he criticizes Paul for saying this.

And yet, many orthodox Catholic writers and commentators have also said this. When questioned about his book titled "Goodbye, Good Men," Catholic author Michael S. Rose said the following:

Q. 1. Is there a priest shortage?
1. A. Based on what is heard through the media, it appears that there is a shortage of priests and vocations. At the same time, it is necessary to consider the comments of those in authority who have investigated the alleged crisis within the Catholic Church.
In 1995, commenting in the editorial of the Omaha Diocesan newspaper on the subject of the vocation crisis, Archbishop Elden Curtiss, a former seminary rector and vocations director, made two interesting observations:
"It seems to me that the vocation 'crisis' is precipitated and continued by people who want to change the Church's agenda, by people who do not support orthodox candidates loyal to the magisterial teaching of the pope and bishops, and by people who actually discourage viable candidates from seeking priesthood and vowed religious life as the Church defines these ministries."
"I am personally aware of certain vocations directors, vocations teams and evaluation boards who turn away candidates who do not support the possibility of ordaining women or who defend the Church's teaching about artificial birth control, or who exhibit strong piety toward certain devotions, such as the rosary."
Based on the observations of Archbishop Elden Curtiss, it appears that there is no shortage of vocations to the priesthood and religious life. If a shortage is occurring in some Dioceses as claimed, it must be concluded that those shortages are man-made, resulting from deliberate attitudes and policies that are intended to discourage true vocations.

It seems that when you stand for truth, you will be persecuted.

Jonathan said...

Makes me wonder why Andre Marie would criticize Mr. Melanson for speaking the same truth which Archbishop Elden Curtiss spoke. Interesting!

Marie Tremblay said...

The Priestly Fraternity of Saint Peter has been named as a Defendant in a sexual abuse case which involves, acording to Dr. Jeffrey Bond of the College of St. Justin Martyr, a "homosexual cult." Read this article:


Priests accused of pedophilia back in Shohola


By PAT CAMUSO

Gazette Correspondent


Shohola Township - A Roman Catholic priest accused of sexually molesting an underage boy is back living in Shohola Township.


Two priests with the Society of Saint John, the Rev. Eric Ensey and the Rev. Carlos Urrutigoity are currently being sued in federal court for the alleged sexual abuse of children. The federal lawsuit filed in June 2001 in Scranton, claims the pair gave a North Carolina boy alcohol and cigarettes and coerced him into "various sexual acts" while at St. Gregory's Academy in Elmhurst and at the Society of Saint John in Shohola Township. Ensey is also accused in the suit of molesting the boy while on a West Coast holiday.


Along with these two priests, the lawsuit also names Bishop Timlin, the SSJ, and the priestly fraternity of St. Peter and St. Gregory's Academy as defendants.


The Lackawanna County district attorney's office that could not prosecute because the statue of limitations in the case had expired also investigated the allegations against Ensey and Urrutigoity. Lackawanna County has forwarded information on the case to law enforcement authorities in Pike and Monroe counties as well as to Santa Paula, Calif.


"Carlos Urrutigoity and Eric Ensey are still at large, in full clerical attire, with free access to young men and boys," said Dr. Jeffrey Bond of the College of St. Justin Martyr. "In fact, Urrutigoity currently lives in a trailer with a young man only a few miles from the Society of Saint John's Shohola property and he participates in SSJ's daily Mass despite Bishop Timlin's Scranton diocese public relations claim to have removed him from the SSJ property."


Urrutigoity is living in a trailer on Bee Hollow Road in Shohola Township.


Last Sunday, Bond led protest marchers outside of St. Peter's Cathedral in Scranton accusing Timlin of "covering up for pedophiles." Referring to Shohola's Society of Saint John as a "homosexual cult," Bond, who resides in Greeley said, "We want the bishop to shut down the Society of Saint John."


Bishop Timlin refuses to take action until the charges against the two priests are substantiated in court. Timlin has said in the past that the two men have been removed from SSJ in Shohola and would not wear their priestly garments or participate in public Mass until the matter is settled.

Michael Cole said...

Back in January of 2002, Seattle Catholic had this to say in an article titled "A Manufactured Priest Shortage":

Exceptional misfortune or ecclesial mendacity?

"In most dioceses across the country, Catholics have been led to believe that the current "shortage of priests" has been a wholly unexpected and rather unexplainable curse. They have been asked to pray for an increase in vocations which have mysteriously dried up in these modern times.

Rather then objectively evaluating the possible causes of this "shortage" 1 and coming up with solutions, many bishops are focusing on accommodations of how to function with less (or possibly no) priests. Certain measures which would otherwise be cause for outrage are accepted as appropriate measures in the current "vocations crisis".

This is not to say the "priest shortage" is not very real and very serious, but so are its underlying causes, two of which will be examined here. The first is an indirect attack that has been waged through the various reforms put in place since the Second Vatican Council. The second is an explicit screening process that has allowed progressive bishops to prevent the ordination of even slightly orthodox Catholic candidates. Strictly speaking, the first is a more formal cause, while the second is a means to propagate and extend the "shortage" for certain aims. The first explains how we've come to this point, while the second exposes the dishonesty (and outright treachery) of those with no intention of reversing the trend."

Site Meter