Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day and a birthday


I want to thank all of you who wished me a happy birthday.


I celebrated Memorial Day and my birthday by visiting my father's grave in Gardner, Massachusetts and the Veteran's Cemetery in Winchendon, Massachusetts. What better way to celebrate a birthday than to spend it honoring some of those who died so that I could celebrate another birthday in a free country! Those who take freedom for granted will not understand my gratitude. But they are poorer for it.


To my father up there in the sunlit hills of Heaven, I love you dad. And I have not forgotten the lessons you taught me. God first. And always: Duty, honor, country. The first as his guide, the second he applied, for the third he died.

3 comments:

asia said...

Bravery sometimes is a sad song.

Paul Anthony Melanson said...

And few there are who sing it. God bless.

Martin Ledoux said...

"Their bodies are buried in peace, but their name liveth for evermore." (Ecclesiasticus 44:14).

Site Meter