Friday, April 02, 2010

When all seems lost the light will pierce the darkness....



The Church must suffer Calvary just as her Master did. But just as Our Lord pierced the darkness with His Resurrection, defeating powers of evil, so too "At the very moment when Satan will be enthroned as master of the world and will feel that he is now a secure conquerer, I myself will snatch his prey from his hands; as if by magic, he will find himself empty-handed, and finally the victory will be uniquely that of my Son and myself: this will be the triumph of my Immaculate Heart in the world." (Our Lady to Father Gobbi, December 19, 1973). Sister Gertrude Marie of Angers, France said: "I saw the triumph of the Church in the near future. How magnificent it will be! It will be the Kingdom of the Sacred Heart. How many saints there will be!"


The Triumph of the Church will be the triumph of good over evil, truth over error, virtue over vice. It will be the total triumph of humility and obedience over pride and rebellion; and of a supernatural faith over false naturalism and the false humanitarian religion. Such has already been prophesied by the Cure of Ars, who said: "One day Our Lady of La Salette will lead the world."
I know what you're thinking. Not very likely. Things are too far gone. Evil is too powerful. But that's how things appeared when the Son of Man was placed in His tomb. But men had forgotten His words: "For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life, that I may take it again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again; this charge I have received from my Father." (John 10: 17, 18).
The hour will come for the Church, the Mystical Body of Christ, to follow her Master to the tomb. But just as He had the power to raise the Temple of His Body (John 2: 19) so too He has the power to raise up His Mystical Body which is the Church.
When all seems lost, it is then that the Light will pierce the darkness. For "The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it." (John 1: 5). And it never will.
Related reading: Catechism of the Catholic Church 675.


1 comment:

Michelle said...

After Good Friday there is always Easter. Dear Jesus, raise up your Church again.

Site Meter