Saturday, April 30, 2016

Update: Facebook continues to block me for opposing hatred and incivility...

This is Paul Melanson speaking...

I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's worth; banks are going bust; shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter; punks are running wild in the street, dissent and homosexuality have infected certain segments of the Church, the leader of North Korea cannot find a decent barber,
and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it.


We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, that our local church is infected with modernism. And we sit watching our TVs while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be!

We all know things are bad -- worse than bad -- they're crazy.  When an Archdiocese honors a pro-abortion, pro-homosexual mayor, things are crazy! When Facebook allows hateful rhetoric and pages advocating the assasination of a political candidate but bans a member for objecting to this incivility, things are spinning out of control!

It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out any more. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we're living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, "Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials, and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.  Just let us pray quietly in church and leave us alone."

Well, I'm not going to leave you alone.

I want you to get mad!

I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot. I don't want you to write to your Congressman, because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Koreans, the Lavender Mafia, liturgical terrorists, wiccan nuns, Call to Action and the crime in the street.

All I know is that first, you've got to get mad.

You've gotta say, "I'm a human being, goshdarnit! My life has value!  And the teaching of the Magisterium must be adhered to, we must listen to the Lord Jesus!

So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window, open it, and stick your head out and yell,

"I'm as mad as hell,


and I'm not going to take this anymore!!"

10 comments:

Andrew said...

Facebook is well-known for fostering hatred, bigotry and anti-Catholicism. For a long time now these bigots have forbade priests to use the title Father.

Hatred is what Facebook is about. Hatred and liberal bias.

Athol/OrangeCatholic said...

Apparently we can add lying and dishonesty to Facebook's management. In your previous post, the snapshot from the Anti-Catholic bigots at Facebook states clearly that the block against you, which is without any basis as far as violating their "rules," is temporary- for 24 hours.

But then, Facebook liberals are truth-challenged, crippled by their own bias.

What galls me is that when go if Catholics speak up, they are often alone. I hope you're getting some support.

Why do I doubt it?

Nancy said...

Boycott the bigots at Facebook. Who needs their asinine platform anyway?

Dorota said...

It wouldn't be save to do what you suggest. One might be sent to a mental institution. One could be turned into a zombie there. No one in my neighbourhood or house seems to think that things are not progressing splendidly (they would say - forward, and I would ask- where to? and they would think me impolite or insane).

I don't go anywhere, if I don't have to, with the exception of our beautiful forest/park. No TV or radio (only while driving, if they don't talk about sodomites or trannies - which is rare).

Last time I was in our forest (it is within city limits, how lucky am I), I saw salmon in the Fish Creek, mature and little ones.

The last pair of friends who were still willing to tolerate me in the age of tolerance and inclusiveness, are not calling, ever since I sent them a link to a sermon by Bishop Fulton Sheen for their marriage troubles and divorce talk (they call themselves Catholic, had a marriage ceremony in the Church). I am actually relieved. Can not deal very well with Catholics who insist that Masonic infiltration of the Church is a good thing, since it hastens the collapse of the Church. Being around such people makes me very upset, sad and worried, even for their beautiful child.

Paul Anthony Melanson said...

Athol/Orange Catholic, not a word of support on Facebook.

Hans Georg Lundahl said...

O .... K ......................

In
Ter
Re
Sting

Have I seen such politics anywhere?

Think so, actually.

Paul Anthony Melanson said...

This is not a political Blog. What I am concerned about is the lack of civility and the fanaticism we are witnessing all around us.

What Marcel correctly referred to as the techniques of degradation.

Anonymous said...

http://www.infowars.com/watch-carly-fiorina-falls-off-stage-in-indiana/

Hans Georg Lundahl said...

I agree, Paul.

I was blundering about English, should have used the word "policy".

Namely this policy of blocking perfectly good content on internet for no reason at all.

In Swedish both politics and policy = politik.

Paul Anthony Melanson said...

Thank you for that Hans. Our sad time!

Site Meter