Thursday, July 23, 2009

Christian prayers for children at bedtime


Try teaching your Christian child these bedtime prayers. They will enjoy learning and praying these simple prayers:



Father, We Thank Thee


Father, we thank thee for the night,
And for the pleasant morning light;
For rest and food and loving care,
And all that makes the day so fair.
Help us to do the things we should,
To be to others kind and good;
In all we do, in work or play,
To grow more loving every day.


-Rebecca Weston - 1890



Children's Bedtime Prayer


Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep:
May God guard me through the night
And wake me with the morning light.
Amen.



Child's Evening Prayer


I hear no voice, I feel no touch,
I see no glory bright;
But yet I know that God is near,
In darkness as in light.
He watches ever by my side,
And hears my whispered prayer:
The Father for His little child
Both night and day doth care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From the Catholic Door Ministry's Treasure of Catholic Prayers (http://www.catholicdoors.com/prayers):

Child's Prayer to Mary

Holy Mary, mother fair,
Filled with love for God,
Pray for us in all our needs.
Pray for us today.

Child's Prayer to His or Her Guardian Angel

Angel of God,
My Guardian Dear,
to whom His love commits me here,
ever this day be at my side,
to light and to guard,
to rule and guide.

Paul Anthony Melanson said...

Thanks for posting those anonymous. God bless you.

Site Meter