Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Feminized Christianity Keeping Men Away

For years I have encountered this problem myself. In both the Diocese of Worcester, Massachusetts and the Diocese of Manchester, New Hampshire. These local churches have become so feminized that many men keep away because they see Christianity as being effeminate. And normal men don't identify with effeminacy. These men see effeminate clergy and churches which cater almost exclusively to women (or effeminate men) and this does not appeal to them.

Paul

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a real problem. I have tried repeatedly to volunteer at my parish but to no avail. There are plenty of women floating around the altar though: altar girls, female lectors, female extraordinary ministers of the Eucharist etc.

Men apparently are not welcome.

Anonymous said...

Why doesn't some intrepid priest say, "woman stay away from my sanctuary"
nowadays the women stomp in with their stilletoes where angels fear to tread!
The altar girls are all over the place with their heels and short skirts visible under the robes it is distracting to say the least. I guess the priest is making up for centuries of so called oppression of women not seeing that he's making a fool of them. I'm a woman so this is no misogyny.

Site Meter