Thursday, September 28, 2006

Daily Prayers

FATIMA MORNING OFFERING

O JESUS, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer You my prayers, works, joys, and sufferings, all that this day may bring, be they good or bad: for the love of God, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for all the sins committed against the Sacred Heart and the Immaculate Heart of Mary.


OFFERING OF DAILY ACTIONS
ETERNAL FATHER, by virtue of Your generosity and love, I ask that You accept all my actions, and that You multiply their value in favor of every Soul in Purgatory. Through Christ Our Lord. Amen.

SHORT MORNING OFFERINGS

My loving Jesus, out of the grateful love I bear Thee, and to make reparation for my unfaithfulness to grace, I give Thee my heart, and I consecrate myself wholly to Thee; and with Thy help I purpose never to sin again. Dear Lord, I could never vie with Thee in generosity, but I love Thee; deign to accept my poor heart, and though it is worth nothing, yet it may become something by Thy grace. Since it loves Thee, do Thou make it good and take it into Thy custody.
I will extol Thee, O God, my King, and I will bless Thy Name forever and ever.
Take O Lord, all my liberty. receive my memory, my understanding and my whole will. All that I am, all that I have, Thou hast given me, and I restore it all to Thee, to be disposed of according to Thy good pleasure. Give me only Thy love and Thy grace; with these I am rich enough, and I desire nothing more.

OFFERING TO THE HOLY TRINITY

MOST Holy and Adorable Trinity, One God in Three Persons, I praise Thee and give Thee thanks for all the favors Thou has bestowed upon me. Thy goodness has preserved me until now, I offer Thee my whole being and in particular, all my thoughts, words, and deeds, together with all the trials I may undergo this day. Give them Thy blessing. May Thy divine Love animate them and may they serve Thy greater glory.
I make this morning offering in union with the Divine intentions of Jesus Christ Who offers himself daily in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, and in union with Mary, His Virgin Mother and our Mother, who was always the faithful handmaid of the Lord.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost. Amen.

PRAYER TO SAINT MICHAEL: SHORT VERSION

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in our hour of conflict; Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the Devil. May God restrain Him, we humbly pray, and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, cast Satan into Hell, and with him all the other evil spirits, who wander through the world, for the ruin of souls. Amen.

PRAYER TO SAINT MICHAEL: LONGER VERSION
PRAYER AGAINST SATAN and THE REBELLIOUS ANGELS
PUBLISHED BY ORDER OF H. H. POPE LEO XIII

The Holy Father exhorts priests to say this prayer as often as possible, as a simple exorcism to curb the power of the devil and prevent him from doing harm. The faithful also may say it in their own name, for the same purpose, as any approved prayer. Its use is recommended whenever action of the devil is suspected, causing malice in men, violent temptations and even storms and various calamities. It could be used as a solemn exorcism (an official and public ceremony, in Latin), to expel the devil: It would then be said by a priest, in the name of the Church and only with the Bishop's permission.

In the Name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Amen.

PRAYER TO SAINT MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL

Most glorious Prince of the Heavenly Armies, Saint Michael the Archangel. defend us in "our battle against principalities and powers, against the rulers of this world of darkness, against the spirits of wickedness in the high places" (Ephes. 6:12). Come to the assistance of men whom God has created to His likeness and whom He has redeemed at a great price from the tyranny of the devil. Holy Church venerates thee as her guardian and protector; to thee, the Lord has entrusted the souls of the redeemed to be led into heaven. Pray therefore the God of Peace to crush Satan beneath our feet, that he may no longer retain men captive and do injury to the Church. Offer our prayers unto the Most High, that without delay they may draw His mercy down upon us; take hold of "the dragon, the old serpent, which is the devil and Satan." Bind him and cast him into the bottomless pit "so that he may no longer seduce the nations" (Apoc. 20:2).

4 comments:

Marie Cecile said...

Thank you for these special prayers, they always delight the hearts of the heavenly one's when we pray them.

Paul Anthony Melanson said...

Hello Marie Cecile,


Good to hear from you as always. I hope all is well and that you are having blessed days in the Lord Jesus.

You are right of course. Heaven is always delighted when we pray. How can we say we love Jesus, Mary and the angels if we don't talk to them?

God love you,
Paul

Marie Cecile said...

Dear Paul,

It's good to have you back blogging again, and giving us these lovely prayers. I hope too all is well with you also.

Not to repeat what you said but you put it quite nicely, "I hope you are having blessed days in the Lord Jesus" too.

It seems when I was away from blogging you made a re-entrance into the blogsphere, and I missed welcoming you back.

"Welcome Back"

Marie Cecile said...

P.S. God Love You

Site Meter