Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Prayer to Our Lady of La Salette

Remember, our Lady of La Salette,
true Mother of sorrows,
the tears which thou didst shed for me on Calvary;
be mindful also of the unceasing care which thou dost exercise to screen me from the justice of God;
and consider whether thou canst now abandon thy child, for whom thou hast done so much.

Inspired by this consoling thought,
I come to cast myself at thy feet, in spite of my infidelity and ingratitude.
Reject not my prayer, O Virgin of reconciliation,
convert me, obtain for me the grace to love Jesus Christ above all things
and to console thee too by living a holy life,
in order that one day I may be able to see thee in Heaven.
Amen.

4 comments:

Bernice said...

Dear Paul,

Thank you for posting this beautiful prayer.May our heavenly Mother reconcile us all to her Son.

God love you,
Marie Cecile

Paul Anthony Melanson said...

And soon. There isn't very much time left before the Chastisement. The period of grace is coming to an end.

Bernice said...

I know he is coming, but when is the question. Let us all be ready.

Paul Anthony Melanson said...

Right Marie-Cecile, we don't know the hour. However, as Jesus told us:

"Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near; at the doors! Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place." (Matthew 24:32-34).

Let us all be ready as you say. And we will be ready if we confess our sins, pray daily to the Sacred Heart of Jesus for His Mercy and grace, and place ourselves under the mantle of the Immaculata.

Pax Christi.

Site Meter