Saturday, April 22, 2006

A Prayer for Parish Priests on Divine Mercy Sunday

A Prayer for Parish Priests on Divine Mercy Sunday

Lord Jesus,

You have entrusted to me the care of my brothers and sisters gathered together in this parish family. My mission in life is to get to Heaven and bring my brothers and sisters with me. But, you know how sinful and weak I am. Nevertheless, I know that I can do all things in you. Grant me any suffering in this life so that I may offer that suffering up for the conversion of all of my brothers and sisters who refuse to approach the sacrament of mercy. Do not let anyone who has been entrusted to my pastoral care be lost because of my negligence or my lack of holiness. Never let me be departed from you. Jesus, I trust in you! Amen.

2 comments:

Marie Cecile said...

What a wonderful prayer!

Paul Anthony Melanson said...

Isn't it Marie Cecile? Thanks to Mr. Michael Brown for passing it along.

God love you,
Paul

Site Meter